Friday 12 January 2018

January decorating the blues

Every year January presents me with the same problem, how do you "dress" the house once the vibrancy of the Christmas decorations have been taken down? Surfaces that a week ago were full of colour, shape and texture (not to mention sparkle!) now look empty. bare and flat.



Green Gate collection 2014


Picture source via Pinterest

This year this was not a problem thanks to Santa's generosity.  I am a big fan of the pottery made by Danish company Greengate, I love the vintage patterns and the simple shapes, unfortunately my pockets are not deep enough to have a lot of it and I must confess to using it to display on my Welsh dresser rather than using to eat my breakfast off.


VIBEKE DESIGN

Picture source via Pinterest



During my recovery period I had a lot of time on my hands so poking around the internet looking for lovely things to add to my Christmas wish list was one of my chief occupations. While trying to find some reduced Greengate pottery I found the Fine Nordic site which not only had Greengate items in their sale it also introduced me to another Danish brand that produces equally lovely pots called Krasilnikoff.



Stars by Krasilnikoff

Picture source via Pinterest



Needless to say that a nice box of goodies were delivered to my home before Christmas and I have added Fine Nordic to my bookmarks!


Happy mugs by Krasilnikoff, coming spring 2014, Syl loves

Picture source via Pinterest


No pictures of my lovely treasures this time as the light at the moment is so poor it is difficult to get a decent shot but I will try and remember to take something even if it is just a phone piccy that I pos to Instagram!

Have a good weekend peeps x


Please note I have not received an incentive from any of the companies mentioned in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment