Friday 13 January 2017

Its January so lets tidy the pantry!

With the first "proper" week of January under my belt the festivities are well and truly over and the routine of work has settled us back down into our usual patterns.

The weather has been a bit on the chilly side and snuggling on the sofa in front of the log burner has been pretty much our favorite occupation.




My pre-Christmas to do list was never completed and anything relating to sending cards and wrapping presents has been confined to the bin but there was one job that still needed to be picked up.  Sorting out the pantry!  It is a convenient place to "tuck things away" so becomes something of a dumping ground.  After a few hours of taking everything out, throwing away a few odd bits that have gone out of date, wondering why we have so many packs of olives, knowing that there are several boxes of stuffing because I ran out last May and my family can't function without a regular input and I don't want that to happen again.  I finally got round to putting everything back and it all looks nice and organised.............. for now.













As you can see I have no loyalty to any one supermarket and Sainsburys Morrisons  Tesco Aldi and Lidl all get a look in.

We did see a bit of winter sun this morning and I was keen to capture the shadows it was casting as the bunting was blowing around





I was quite happy to see the snowdrops making an appearance, it is almost like they have waited until the new year to pop up and say hello




I haven't made anything this week, not even a cake which is not like me at all, maybe I just need a break after all my Christmas makes!


How was your return to work?  Have you had a cleaning splurge or are you happily tucked up in front of the fire?

2 comments:

  1. How satisfying, have a good sort out makes you feel on top of things.
    When we moved house I found all sorts in our pantry, gravy browning and food colouring both quite a few years out of date (and by quite a few I mean more than 5, ok more than 8....ops)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I could only claim a packet of pasta a sauce from 2015 on this occasion.

      Delete