Friday 18 November 2016

One of the best days of my life - I am a Granny

Sunday 13th November at 16.00 our family became a little bigger when we welcomed Esme Sarah to the world.

My daughter was absolutely amazing and did the whole thing without pain relief, she said she was holding back until it got really bad! I was privileged to be there for the whole thing and even got to cut the cord. I cried like a mad thing when her head eventually came out and I am tearing up now just thinking about it.  She had a Midwife led birth and the team were brilliant.


Baby came a little over two weeks early and weighed in at just 2.41 kgs  ( 5.5lbs) so she is a tiny little scrap and they have had to stay in hospital for a few days.  She is on a 3 hour feeding regiment and the hospital staff are very strict on keeping to this as she needs to keep her strength up so she can come home.


I am still continuing with my 50 makes but in the short term they may be a bit erratic in their timing.

The view from cloud 9 is pretty good and I just can't wait for her to able to come home xx

2 comments: