Wednesday 13 January 2016

Free Make 1 - mini paper bunting

I should really have been cutting up T shirts to make strips for my rag rug but I have had this little make in my head since before Christmas and it just wouldn't sit back and wait its turn.






To make this mini bunting I have used pages from the recycled book I brought back from holiday that I am still finding ways to use up. This little project only used one and a bit pages so it hasn't made much of a dent on it!  This does mean that this would be a good project to use up any small pieces of nice paper that you have left over, I think my intention was to try use some of the off cuts when I was doing my Christmas wrapping but it ended up as no more than a thought.

This is how I did it

  • Take a book page and fold it in half long ways
  • Cut down the fold
  • Fold each piece in half long ways again
  • Cut or tear into small flags about the size of the top of your thumb
  • Glue the bottom edge but ensure the top is not stuck down as the thread needs to pass trhough here
  • Cut a little "V" shape into the bottom
  • Thread onto string, you can play around with the spacing and take some off or add more if needed.
  • Hang on the edge of your shelf edge, mantle piece, mirror frame or any where you want.


Initially I put this up using blu-tac and it looked pretty bad especially as it seemed to draw attention to the parts of the shelf where I had made a bad attempted to do some "distressing".  A quick look on Pinterest  and I saw a couple of posts for mini bunting using washi tape and it was a good excuse to crack open the pack of washi tapes I has received for Christmas.






An easy, quick, free make as I didn't pay for the book, the string is recycled from my Advent calendar project, and the glue is of no real cost. I am pleased with the result and now just need to make another string for the next shelf down.








I am intending to feature a few "free makes" in the coming weeks as money is always tight in January and February just when we could do with a bit of cheering up, so keep checking back.






No comments:

Post a Comment