Sunday 30 August 2015

..Betty Grables pin curls

With the Goodwood Revival only two weeks away I have been seeking inspiration for my hair and makeup.  I follow  Va Voom Vintage blog and Brittany has been supplying me with  a constant stream of hairstyles to feed my imagination.

This post clicked with me and this morning I had a little go at my own version, i don't know if this is a little more Hilda Ogden than Betty Grable, but I have a little time to improve on it



http://snadralovesblogging.blogspot.co.uk/



http://snadralovesblogging.blogspot.co.uk/


Jean Alexander as Hilda Ogden

Jean Alexander as Hilda Ogden



Betty Grable looking stunning

betty Grable small Victory roll updo



Yep a lot of practice or a team of hair dressers is required! 

 I have been collecting my ideas on Pinterest and it is interesting for me to look through at the different things that have caught my eye and have warranted them being pinned on to my 40s and fabulous/ board, the purchase of the jeans below lead to a flurry of activity yesterday!

I picked up these wide legged jeans from Next, even in the petite size I need to add a turn up, which works in my favour as it gives them a nice 40's/50's rockabilly style. 

http://www.next.co.uk/x6d98s4#393576x56
Wide Legged Jeans From Next


I haven't sorted out my my walkaway dress yet, I feel my enthusiasm for it waning, I think if it were a sunny day it might have helped, but this dreary weather just makes me want to drink tea and snuggle on the sofa.


If you have any great vintage hair tutorials on your blog please leave me a comment and I will pop over and have a look.

Now tine for more tea



No comments:

Post a Comment