Saturday 4 July 2015

.....the vintage sewing pattern pledge 2015

My next sewing projects is a reproduction vintage pattern from the 1950's, it is the famous Walkaway dress as featured in the Great British Sewing Bee series 3.

It is alleged that you can start this dress in the morning and walk out in it to lunch, however, I have read the instructions that include  "Step 9, Allow 24 hours before hemming to permit bias to set" so I will not be lunching with the ladies in it today.



http://snadralovesblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Walkaway dress pattern


I saw this as an ideal opportunity to take part in a blog challenge, as I have been following Marie at a stitching odyssey the vintage sewing pattern pledge seemed perfect.  This is co-run by Maria and Kerry at Kestrel makes and the idea is encourage you to sew either a vintage pattern if you are lucky enough to have any available or a reproduction one.


The beauty of this challenge is that you can start at any point through out the year and you make a pledge that is personal to you.  Mine is to make two reproduction retro patterns before the end of the year, however, as I am planning to wear them at the Goodwood Revival weekend in September mine should be completed in less than 9 weeks eek!  I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!



“the




If you are planning to sew any vintage patterns do think about joining the challenge and if you need some inspiration take a look at what has already been achieved on this Pinterest board


Do you have a favourite vintage pattern? and have you been brave enough to make it up?



2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your dress! All the bias binding sounds a bit scary. Let me know when you blog about it so I can put a picture on the Pinterest board

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry I will keep you up dated, I am currently working out if I have enough spare fabric to make my own bias binding!

      Delete